Montanaro Better World Fund
The Fund invests globally in Small & MidCap companies that make a positive impact on the world.
The full investment objective and policy for the Fund is stated in the Fund’s prospectus.
The Fund is classified as Article 9 for the purpose of SFDR.
Why the Better World Fund?
The Fund invests in companies helping to solve some of the world’s major problems.
- We invest in six impact themes: Environmental Protection; Green Economy; Healthcare; Innovative Technology; Nutrition; Well-being
- Our themes support the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Investors in Small & MidCap can make a difference through constructive engagement
- The ‘SmallCap Effect’ is global – the proven long-term outperformance of smaller companies versus their LargeCap peers*
*Source: see research from Dimson & Marsh
Listen to a Q&A about the Better World Fund
*Please note that this video is suitable for Professional Clients only
Our annual Impact Report provides detailed information on the impact and investment returns delivered by the Better World Fund.
How we invest
Companies within the Fund must have revenue aligned to the six impact themes. Every company must be approved for impact by our ESG Committee before we can invest.
Our investment process has remained unchanged for many years:
- We invest exclusively in “Quality Growth” companies
- We generate new ideas ourselves (no brokers)
- We do thorough research ourselves, which includes detailed analysis and company site visits
- We integrate ESG fully into company analysis
- We take a conservative approach to valuation
Awards and ratings
Best Impact Fund 2019 - Investment Week Sustainable & ESG Investment Awards
Best Impact Report 2019 - Pensions for Purpose
5 Star Rating - 3D Investing
Label ISR - French Finance Ministry
Elite rating - Fund Calibre
How to invest
The Fund is available through various platforms:
- AJ Bell
- FNZ Wealth
- Hargreaves Lansdown
- Pershing Nexus
- Raymond James
- Standard Life
- True Potential
Alternatively, find out about the other ways of accessing the Fund.