Montanaro UK Smaller Companies Investment Trust
The Trust aims to achieve capital growth by investing in small companies listed on the London Stock Exchange or its Alternative Investment Market (AIM). It seeks relative outperformance of its benchmark, the Numis Smaller Companies Index.
The Trust also offers a regular income. Each quarter the Trust distributes 1% of its NAV, equivalent to a dividend yield of c.4% per annum.
Bloomberg Ticker / EPIC: MTU LN
Why UK Smaller Companies?
We believe that every investment portfolio should have some exposure to SmallCap, primarily owing to:
- The ‘SmallCap Effect’ – the proven long-term outperformance of smaller companies versus their LargeCap peers*
- A wealth of choice, with hundreds of quoted SmallCap companies operating in the UK
- A lack of research, making for an inefficient market ripe with opportunity for those who invest in thorough analysis
- Portfolio diversification – helping to lower portfolio risk
*Source: see research from Dimson & Marsh
How we invest
Our investment process has remained unchanged for many years:
- We invest exclusively in “Quality Growth” companies
- We generate new ideas ourselves (no brokers)
- We do thorough research ourselves, which includes detailed analysis and company site visits
- We integrate ESG fully into company analysis
- We take a conservative approach to valuation
How to invest
Find out more about how to invest in MUSCIT.