Montanaro European Smaller Companies Fund
The Fund aims to achieve capital growth in excess of the MSCI Europe Small Cap Index by investing in European and UK smaller quoted companies, with a particular focus on those with a market capitalisation below that of the largest company in the benchmark index.
The full investment objective and policy for the Fund is stated in the Fund’s prospectus.
The Fund is classified as Article 8 for the purpose of SFDR.
Why invest in European SmallCap?
We believe that every investment portfolio should have some exposure to SmallCap, primarily owing to:
- The ‘SmallCap Effect’ – the proven long-term outperformance of smaller companies versus their LargeCap peers*
- A wealth of choice, with more than 2,300 SmallCap companies in Europe
- Under-researched, making for an inefficient market ripe with opportunity for those who invest in thorough analysis
- Portfolio diversification - helping to lower portfolio risk
*Source: see research from Dimson & Marsh
How we invest
Our investment process has remained unchanged for many years:
- We invest exclusively in “Quality Growth” companies
- We generate new ideas ourselves (no brokers)
- We do thorough research ourselves, which includes detailed analysis and company site visits
- We integrate ESG fully into company analysis
- We take a conservative approach to valuation