Montanaro Select Fund
The Fund invests in European and UK Small & MidCap quoted companies, with a market capitalisation below that of the largest company in the STOXX Europe Mid 200 Index at the time of initial investment.
The Fund aims to achieve capital growth in excess of the MSCI Europe Small Cap Index.
The full investment objective and policy for the Fund is stated in the Fund’s prospectus.
The Fund is classified as Article 8 for the purpose of SFDR.
Why European Select for growth?
We believe that every investment portfolio should have some exposure to SmallCap, primarily owing to:
- The ‘SmallCap Effect’ – the proven long-term outperformance of smaller and mid-sized companies versus their LargeCap peers*
- A wealth of choice, with more than 2,300 SmallCap companies in Europe
- Under-researched, making for an inefficient market ripe with opportunity for those who invest in thorough analysis
- Portfolio diversification – helping to lower portfolio risk
*Source: see research from Dimson & Marsh
Combined with our quality growth investment philosophy, we believe our strategy is well placed to deliver competitive long-term returns.
How we invest
Our investment process has remained unchanged for many years:
- We invest exclusively in “Quality Growth” companies
- We generate new ideas ourselves (no brokers)
- We do thorough research ourselves, which includes detailed analysis and company site visits
- We integrate ESG fully into company analysis
- We take a conservative approach to valuation
How to invest
The Fund is available through various platforms:
Alternatively, find out about the other ways of accessing this fund.