LF Montanaro Global Select Fund
The Fund aims to achieve capital growth in excess of the MSCI World SMID Cap Index over any five-year period by investing at least 60% of its assets in the shares of small and medium sized companies (i.e. companies with a market capitalisation below that of the largest constituent of the MSCI World SMID Index) in Developed Markets.
The full investment objective and policy for the Fund is stated in the Fund’s prospectus.
Why invest in Global Small & MidCap?
We believe that every investment portfolio should have some exposure to Small and MidCap, primarily owing to:
- The ‘SmallCap Effect’ is global – the proven long-term outperformance of smaller companies versus their LargeCap peers*
- A large asset class offering Huge Choice
- Under-researched, making for an inefficient market ripe with opportunity for those who invest in thorough analysis
- Portfolio diversification – helping to lower portfolio risk
*Source: see research from Dimson & Marsh
How we invest
Our investment process has remained unchanged for many years:
- We invest exclusively in “Quality Growth” companies
- We generate new ideas ourselves (no brokers)
- We do thorough research ourselves, which includes detailed analysis and company site visits
- We integrate ESG fully into company analysis
- We take a conservative approach to valuation