LF Montanaro Better World Fund
The Fund aims to achieve capital growth over any five-year period by investing globally in companies which make a positive impact on society or the environment.
The Fund will invest at least 60% of its assets in the shares of small and medium sized companies (i.e. companies with a market capitalisation below that of the largest constituent of the MSCI World SMID Index) in Developed Markets.
The full investment objective and policy for the Fund is stated in the Fund’s prospectus.
Why the Better World Fund?
The Fund invests in companies helping to solve some of the world’s major problems.
- We invest in six impact themes: Environmental Protection; Low Carbon Economy; Healthcare; Innovative Technology; Nutrition; Well-being
- Our themes support the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Investors in Small & MidCap can make a difference through constructive engagement
- The ‘SmallCap Effect’ is global – the proven long-term outperformance of smaller companies versus their LargeCap peers*
*Source: see research from Dimson & Marsh
Our annual Impact Report provides detailed information on the impact and investment returns delivered by our Irish-domiciled Better World Fund. Please note that these reports relate to the Montanaro Better World Fund, which is domiciled in Ireland.
How we invest
Companies within the Fund must have revenue aligned to the six impact themes. Every company must be approved for impact by our ESG Committee before we can invest.
Our investment process has remained unchanged for many years:
- We invest exclusively in “Quality Growth” companies
- We generate new ideas ourselves (no brokers)
- We do thorough research ourselves, which includes detailed analysis and company site visits
- We integrate ESG fully into company analysis
- We take a conservative approach to valuation